Monday, November 25, 2013

Elf on the Shelf in an Ornie, Oh My!

Can you believe it!  Two days in a row that I am here posting!  Another ornament to share.  This one is my interpretation of "Elf on the Shelf" and is vinyl layered on a transparency film circle.  He is layered on both the front and back of the transparency so that he is visible from any direction.  The topper is my first attempt at korker ribbons.  There are lots of YouTube vids out there and I found them helpful when I finally was ready to try it.  I couldn't wait to see how they would curl after baking...doesn't take much these days to make me happy.  All this, of course took place at 2 a.m.  But I just couldn't go to bed without finishing the topper for my ornie!  Like a kid with a new toy...lol

This was actually quite challenging for me in that this little guy had at least 6 layers of vinyl.  I'm not even going to tell you about the itty bitty eyes...let's just say I was thankful for the heavy duty magnifier I have on my desk...lol.  This may be a one-of-a-kind ornie because MY eyes can't handle much more of the "miniature" pieces.



Let's make this a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment