Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Missing in Action

It's been a very long time since I've posted.  My absence was deliberate while I attempted to re-prioritize what was important in my life.  It was so easy to get caught up in the excitement of Ustream classes, YouTube vids, kits, etc.  It seems I was spending way too much time in front of my computer and less time on my marriage and that, my friends, can be dangerous.  I feel as though I am back on track again and working things out.  I am more aware now of my computer time and have learned to use it wisely and without neglecting the important people in my life.

These days I find myself trying my hand at cardmaking.  Although new to me, I find I can complete a card in very little time and immediately feel a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction.

The card below is simple.  I love the botanical stamp and the colors too.  I used seam binding dyed with copics and was rather pleased at the outcome.

I merely colored the ribbon with a blue copic, and then spritzed some alcohol blender on my mat and ran the ribbon through it wiping up all the alcohol in the process.  It gave my ribbon a "mottled" hand-dyed look and it dried quickly too!

My next attempt will be a twisted easel card using another Stampendous stamp.  Will share when I make it!

Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment