Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Feeling Flakey

It's been rather cold these last couple of days and with no desire to go out (except for a dr. appt. yesterday), I just want to stay inside and keep warm!  Haven't done much in the area of crafting although I must say my sewing room has been calling my name of late.  It certainly is warmer in there since it is upstairs but instead I continue to hang out in the basement trying to learn AI.  At least I have a fireplace down here so it helps!

I've been playing with Indigo Blu Mega Flakes and created a card using this wonderful foil product.  I chose the mix called Eton Mess (I know....what a name..lol), a birch tree die from Taylored Expressions and an embossing folder by Sizzix with birch trees.

I wanted the birch die to be the focal point and chose to apply the Mega Flakes to the die.  I first adhered a sheet of double sided adhesive paper to a piece of scrap cardstock.  The great thing about doing this technique is that it allows you to use your scraps since you'll never see the paper underneath once you apply the flakes!  Next, I cut the paper using the birch die.  I then pulled off the protective layer from the top of die cut.  Using the flakes and a Rub It, Scrub It foam (by Ranger), I dropped some flakes on the adhesive side of the die cut and distributed the flakes with the foam piece.  It covered beautifully!  Once done, I placed my residual flakes back in the jar.  I positioned my birch tree die on the card using pop dots to give it some dimension as well.  A couple of cardinals (my fav) and I was done.

Here is the result:

I'm thinking I may add a phrase on the bottom right in white and pop it off the card with pop dots.  I love the simplicity of the card.

Now I think I'll try to organize my work area since I've got everything under the sun on my table!  Not sure how I can work in the clutter but it works for me....lol

Later!



No comments:

Post a Comment