Friday, May 31, 2013

Gettin' Inky...with Pencils!

Today, I've been playing with a new box of ...no, not crayons........pencils!  I purchased a set of Derwent Inktense Pencils recently and cracked the box open to play.  From my understanding, these pencils are unique in that they are actually pigment ink and are water activated.  They go on vibrant and once dry, they are permanent just like ink.  I used a small brush to apply and preferred it over using a "water brush" (mine releases too much water).  I found I had better control with the regular brush.

I am currently working on another card and although I'm not anywhere near finished, I did use my new Inktense pencils to color the floral stamped image (JustRite Seeds of Summer) that I am using.  Note to self:  do NOT use Memento ink for this technique.  It runs!  After restamping with Ranger Archival, I was very pleased with the results considering I'm not sure what I'm doing...lol.  I did watch a video over at Mama Dini's which was very helpful.

Below, you can see my little flower.  I initially thought I would glitter it up a bit, but I think I used too much glue and I wasn't happy with it.  Maybe I will leave if off on the final card.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment